email@example.com | Tel: 613-238-6404 x. 223
Scott is a partner of Cassan Maclean which continues the practice of the predecessor Ottawa firm of Barrigar Moss Hammond Cassan Maclean, of which Scott and Lynn Cassan were also the partners.
Scott graduated from the University of Toronto with a Bachelor of Science specializing in pharmacology and physiology in 1976. He holds a J.D. (1979) from the University of Toronto Law School and was called to the Ontario Bar in 1982. Scott is a registered patent and trademark agent in both Canada and the United States. His practice includes drafting, prosecution and advisory services in the areas of patent, trademark, industrial design and copyright. Scott has special expertise in the area of biotechnology patent practice. In addition, as a result of being one of the first agents in Canada to handle numerous applications filed under the Plant Breeders' Rights Act, Scott holds a unique and high level of expertise in this area of practice.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- B.Sc., University of Toronto, 1976
- J.D., University of Toronto, 1979
- Called to the Ontario Bar, 1982
- Registered Trademark Agent, 1982
- Registered Patent Agent, 1985
- Registered Patent Agent (US), 1991
- Law Society of Upper Canada (LSUC)
- Canadian Bar Association (CBA)
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys (FICPI)